post from Daily Kos
on 10 August 2008 12:19:38 AM. © Daily Kos
This evening's Rescue Rangers are ybruti, jlms qkw (pulling double duty), HansScholl, dadanation and srkp23, with watercarrier4diogenes at the wheel of the Editmobile, the Robes of Objectivity flapping wildly behind him.
Tonight's diaries cover a variety of interesting issues not covered by the 'traditional media' (tm Kos) and definitely not with the same dismal 'truthiness' that the Broders of that notorious 'village' inside 'The Beltway' are known for.
- For dmhlt 66, the 34th anniversary of the resignation of Richard Nixon is a day to lament the loss of a leader in his impeachment in We Need a Barbara Jordan: Nixon's Resignation Anniversary, while the same day leads Shocko from Seattle to compare the hope following Nixon's resignation with the disappointment of Nixon's continuing legacy in Here's to the state of Richard Nixon. (HansScholl)
- Watching the Olympics Opening Ceremony with her daughter is the catalyst for classico's very touching Beijing and My Daughter. (dadanation)
- Barcelona offers provocative thoughts on the meaning of the Olympic opening ceremonies, the legend of China's origins, and the prospects for a better world in A different kind of Shock and Awe (or the answer to "why do they hate us?"). (HansScholl)
- Indonesian Ajipon uses his rare vantage point to comment on democracy in Authoritarian China? It May Be Best - My POV. (jlms qkw)
- iampunha looks back at the Berlin Olympics, in August 9, 1936: What could have happened. (srkp23)
- Patriot Daily News Clearinghouse grounds her discussion in solid history and legal opinions in Remembering Spiritual Death: In Honor of World's Indigenous People Day. (jlms qkw)
- With many scholarly references, daw13 explores What Racism does to White People. (ybruti)
- True Independent provides thoughtful analysis of Voter Registration Numbers ---- Iowa and their potential impact. (jlms qkw)
- Poor John McCain. Trouble abounds in his very own home state. Quite a bit of it. Gramarye lays it out in Neo-Nazis, Battered Wives, and the Arizona Republican Party. (dadanation)
- Bcgntn laments our nuclear history and future, highlighting that America is One of Three nations that refuses to support the abolition of the manufacture and use of nuclear weapons. (srkp23)
- Christy1947 reveals a new tactic for prosecution and punishment in No longer independent judiciary. (jlms qkw)
- zoniedude analyzes the role of journalism in Fraud is more poisonous than Anthrax. (ybruti)
- Since you can't tell a player without a program, for the upcoming Democratic and Republican gatherings, juliewolf has your snark-filled guide as to What to expect at the conventions. (dadanation)
- jlang57 illustrates strong belief in family, tradition and fun by way of a game of pinochle in "Whole lotta blacks..." (dadanation)
jotter has High Impact Diaries - August 8, 2008 and sardonyx has Top Comments: Clogged Tubes Edition.
Enjoy and please promote your own favorite diaries in this open thread (even if you're the author! Here's where that's actually appreciated). And, of course, since it's an open thread, PLAY NICE, OK? 8^)
Read The Full Article: http://feeds.dailykos.com/~r/dailykos/index/~3/360799844/7808 Add to del.icio.us Digg this Post to Furl Add to reddit Add to myYahoo!