post from Media Matters for America - Latest Items
on 28 September 2012 01:49:56 AM. © Media Matters for America - Latest Items
Conservative pundit Dinesh D'Souza appeared on CNN this morning to reinforce the message of his error-laden and factually inaccurate movie, 2016: Obama's America, attacking President Obama as "anti-American" and claiming he has "embraced a Third World ideology."
While CNN host Zoraida Sambolin pressed D'Souza to explain his accusations, she offered no pushback to D'Souza's outlandish claims about Obama's character nor did she point out the discredited claims contained in his movie.
Indeed, 2016 is rife with basic factual errors and logical inconsistencies:
- The film attacks Obama for failing to "lift a finger to help" his "destitute" Kenyan half-brother George (who has said he chooses to live in poverty)
- The film falsely claims Obama loaned "billions of dollars" to Brazil to pursue offshore drilling
- The film gives credence to the paranoid theory of a "United States of Islam"
- The film fearmongers about Iran's nuclear ambitions and falsely attacks Obama for doing "nothing" to impede Iran's nuclear progress
- The film attacks Obama for his support of the new START Treaty, which seeks to reduce nuclear stockpiles globally, and his vision of a world without nuclear weapons. But this was President Reagan's dream when he proposed the original START treaty, a fact the film doesn't mention.
The film is based on D'Souza's book, The Roots of Obama's Rage, which was also filled with false and misleading claims.
Read The Full Article: http://feeds.mediamatters.org/~r/mediamatters/latest/~3/YWPb0DdMc0s/190201 Add to del.icio.us Digg this Post to Furl Add to reddit Add to myYahoo!