post from They gave us a republic... - Front Page
on 22 June 2012 01:00:00 AM. © They gave us a republic... - Front Page
By BG & YD
- IRS refuses to bite. We happen to think that churches should all be taxed, and allowed to deduct the expenses they incur as a result of their work with the poor. That said, we know that as much as we would like to see activist churches get slapped with huge tax bills, it would just make martyrs of them and catapult their vile propaganda.
- Heartbreaking hanky alert. A five year old girl who was smuggled into the United States by human traffickers was taken into custody in Maricopa County, Arizona was traveling alone, looking for her parents; She is in the custody of an HHS refugee relocation center.
- She's undoubtedly onto something. Once and future Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi on Thursday said that Darrell Issa and the GOP ideologues in the House are pursuing the Attorney General as a means to their ultimate end of purging voter rolls of Democratic-leaning members of the electorate.
- Does anyone really want to hear Ann-fucking-Romney chirp happily about how avoiding stress and staying upbeat is the best way to prevail over illness. Of course staying stress-free during an illness is much easier when copays and 20% responsibility won't cost you the only home you'll ever own and cost your children their college education.
- What's the term we're looking for here? It's a compound word. . .it's on the tip of our tongue. . .oh yes, we have it now. . .Bullshit. That's the word. John Boehner must be feeling confident that the Supremes will strike down the ACA, because on Thursday he was heard crowing loudly that there would be no crowing about it if the court goes the republicans' way.
- They're just getting what they pay for, that's all. On Thursday the House of Representatives passed a massive oil-industry giveaway. HR 4480 passed with the support of 229 republicans and 19 Democrats, and between them they have taken $38.4 million in big-oil dollars.
- Whatever happened to COMPASSIONATE conservatism? Richard Mourdock, the Senate candidate who beat Dick Lugar in a primary earlier this year, told supporters at a campaign event that employers who want to keep costs down should be able to deny employees with cancer access to the company insurance plan.
- Oh, HELL no. Don't give him that out. "Anders Behring Breivik, who killed 77 people in Norway last July, should be locked up in a psychiatric ward instead of prison, the prosecution has said, arguing his sanity had not been proven beyond a reasonable doubt."
- Hard to remember that the reaction included not a whisper of anti-abortion insanity. "The woman who gave birth to the world's first test tube baby has died. Lesley Brown, 64, who lived in Whitchurch, Bristol, made history in July 1978 when her daughter Louise was born at Oldham General Hospital. Mrs Brown had been trying for a baby with her husband John for nine years before she became the first woman to give birth following IVF treatment. She died at the Bristol Royal Infirmary on 6 June with her family by her side, it has been announced. She successfully conceived following pioneering treatment by Patrick Steptoe and Robert Edwards. She leaves behind daughters Louise and Natalie, who were both born following IVF treatment, her stepdaughter Sharon and five grandchildren. Louise Brown said: "Mum was a very quiet and private person who ended up in the world spotlight because she wanted a family so much. "We are all missing her terribly." "
Read The Full Article: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheyGaveUsARepublic-FrontPage/~3/llWKiheX6UA/the-n
ightowl-newswrap Add to del.icio.us Digg this Post to Furl Add to reddit Add to myYahoo!