post from They gave us a republic... - Front Page
on 31 July 2012 01:00:00 AM. © They gave us a republic... - Front Page
- @MittRomney needs to remove his loafer from his maw and explain himself for attempting to make "shadow policy" on his trip to Israel. Mittens really showed his tone-deaf and clueless nature on his trip to Israel that was supposed to bolster his foreign policy chops by openly endorsing the notion of moving the capital of Israel from Tel Aviv to the disputed hotbed of Jerusalem, an ancient city that everyone lays claim to. Romney's open advocacy of sticking a thumb in the eye of the Arab neighbors of Israel is in direct opposition to official US policy and it was not his place as a candidate to go abroad and undermine American foreign policy - and if John Kerry had done something like that in 2004, the republican asshats would have shrieked until he was forced from the ticket.
- Then he insulted the Palestinians. In Rmoney's world view, Israel is superior because they have a stronger economy than the Palestinians, who have been forced into massive refugee camps, barred from working - even getting hold of building materials is an ordeal. But none of that would matter if their culture was superior like Israel's is. Seriously. (You can go ahead and scream now. I'll wait. . .)
- At what point does Limbaugh's hate-speech cross the line into criminality? I am of the opinion that anyone who openly advocates misinforming voters about the date/polling places of elections is overt election tampering. On his show on Monday, he suggested that poor people should be misinformed about when and where to vote.
- Insult atop injury. An Everglades tour guide who lost his hand to an alligator after luring it in close for the tourists by dangling a fish over the side of his boat has been charged with illegally feeding the 9-foot alligator.
- Decriminalize already When the cartels start using freakin' submarines to move their product, we're up against a profit motive so strong that it will always be worthwhile to take the risks associated with smuggling.
- Driving While Black isn't a crime, but racial profiling is, so charge the cracker cop with a civil rights violation. Former CNN anchor T. J. Holmes who now hosts a show on BET was pulled over and held at the side of the road for about an hour while the policeman who pulled him over tried furiously to come up with a reason why he had pulled him over. Eventually the racist cracker Georgia pig came up with a reason: He had to make sure that such a nice car being driven by a black man was insured.
- I'm glad to see it, but I suspect it's too little, too late. Rep. Richard Hannah has finally smelled the coffee and realized his party has gone collectively insane. "I have to say that I'm frustrated by how much we -- I mean the Republican Party -- are willing to give deferential treatment to our extremes in this moment in history," he told The Post-Standard editorial board. ..."We render ourselves incapable of governing when all we do is take severe sides..." he said. "If all people do is go down there and join a team, and the team is invested in winning and you have something that looks very similar to the shirts and the skins, there's not a lot of value there."
- You really can't make this stuff up. . .Russell Pearce, the disgraced and recalled former state senator Russell Pearce of Arizona is attempting to make a comeback because he likes having his corrupt fingers in all the privatized-state-services pies. As part of his comeback saga he touted a phony award that had supposedly been bequeathed to him by a "Eduction" group. No, I am not kidding and I did not make that up.
Read The Full Article: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheyGaveUsARepublic-FrontPage/~3/8AR8TGrNPZQ/the-n
ightowl-newswrap Add to del.icio.us Digg this Post to Furl Add to reddit Add to myYahoo!