post from ThinkProgress
on 31 July 2012 09:00:05 AM. © ThinkProgress
Welcome to ThinkProgress Economy?s morning link roundup. This is what we?re reading. Have you seen any interesting news? Let us know in the comments section. You can also follow ThinkProgress Economy on Twitter.
- Chrysler’s second quarter profit increased 218 percent over last year, when it paid back its loan to the federal government. [Detroit News]
- The number of civil lawsuits related to the LIBOR rate rigging scandal is growing. [Washington Post]
- The Eurozone unemployment rate held steady at 11.2 percent in June. [Bloomberg]
- President Obama last night urged Europe to take forceful steps to address its economic problems. [Politico]
- The European Central Bank is several weeks away from making a decision regarding controversial measures to quell the Eurozone crisis. [Reuters]
- Corn prices hit a new record high yesterday as a result of a continuing drought. [CNN Money]
- House Republican leaders are scrambling for votes to pass a stopgap farm bill. [The Hill]
Read The Full Article: http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/07/31/612311/econ-073112/ Add to del.icio.us Digg this Post to Furl Add to reddit Add to myYahoo!