post from ThinkProgress
on 20 July 2012 08:00:05 AM. © ThinkProgress
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice?s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- A federal grand jury is investigating New York Republican Rep. Michael Grimm for problems with fundraising during his 2010 campaign, including alleged illegal campaign contributions and embezzling money.
- The French Supreme Court has ruled that Google must censor phrases, like “torrent” and “RapidShare,” that could be related to piracy in searches.
- Portland’s Naked Traveler, who stripped at Portland International Airport to protest security screenings, was, according to a judge, exercising his right to free speech.
- Scam artists are now using the Affordable Care Act as a ploy to steal bank information and credit card and Social Security number.
- Fifty immigration law professors have signed an amicus brief supporting Sergio Garcia, an undocumented immigrant seeking admission to the State Bar of California.
Read The Full Article: http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/07/20/553641/justiceline-july-20-2012/ Add to del.icio.us Digg this Post to Furl Add to reddit Add to myYahoo!