post from ThinkProgress
on 17 July 2012 08:00:04 AM. © ThinkProgress
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice?s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- Iowa Republican State Senate Candidate Randi Shannon has pulled out of the race to join an alternative government, claiming that the current U.S. government is an “Unlawful Corporate Democracy, established by the forty-first congress” that “having no standing, must go away!”
- Republicans favorability of Chief Justice John Roberts has dropped 40 points since 2005, dropping from 67 percent favorable to 27 percent.
- Apparently the Justices themselves feel differently; according to an article in the National Law Journal the Supreme Court justices expect to get along fine when the new term starts.
- A Harvard professor may have found a new method to increase voter turnout, making people as much as twice as likely to vote.
- A Wall Street Recruiter is suing New York City to protect his First Amendment right to flip cops the bird.
Read The Full Article: http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/07/17/528001/justiceline-july-17-2012/ Add to del.icio.us Digg this Post to Furl Add to reddit Add to myYahoo!