post from They gave us a republic... - Front Page
on 12 July 2012 01:00:00 AM. © They gave us a republic... - Front Page
- The House had it's 31st nervous breakdown today, voting 244-185 to "repeal ObamaCare!!!1!" -- again. The Senate will ignore it, of course, but it made for mediocre political theater, so there's that. Whatever. It's summer. We're bored. We'll take what we can get, and they've already shown Ferris Bueller's Day Off and The Sound of Music outside on the wall of the public library twice.
- And then they hit the links. After voting to turn the middle class back over to the tender mercies of the insurance companies, they got busy talking about what really matters to John Boehner: Golf!
- It's called "race baiting" Mitt Rmoney addressed the NAACP Wednesday morning, and it was downright creepy, the way he taunted the crowd and got them to boo him while he stood there with a vapid, vacuous shit-eating grin on his face. The thought of that soul-less parasite as president for four long years terrifies me.
- It'll never get a vote in the House because the teabagger assholes who really put the emphasis on "lower chamber" want failure and suffering, not jobs and recovery. They want the rich parasites to have more and the real job creators -- the small businesses that are inherently middle class -- to stop hoarding the little bit of wealth they have managed to hang onto and turn it over to the plutocrats already because everyone knows that they deserve ALL the scratch.
- You want to know what makes my blood boil? Having a lowlife dipshit like Allen West ascribe motives to me and tell interviewers "what liberals really mean" when they say something. But what pisses me off even more is
reporters stenographers who take it down and never call him on his bullshit assertions.
- And in Texas, they don't even want doctors to say the word "abortion". Rick Perry's Department of Health and Human Services has issued a new set of rules that expands the ban on funding from "affiliates" of abortion providers to include "promoters" of abortion. And what is a "promoter" of abortion, you ask? It's any physican who gives a woman a referral for the service.
- Good idea. A few years ago, after all the kids had moved out and I had bilateral knee surgery, we almost bought a small, one-level house in the Waldo neighborhood of KC. I freaked out the morning of closing and didn't follow through. Why did I freak out? Because I didn't understand the 42-page disclosure form -- and I'm a pretty sharp cookie -- if I don't understand something like that, it's because I'm not supposed to understand it. The CFPB wants to put a stop to crap like that and shorten the form to three pages of plain English that can be easily understood by the average consumer.
- Four more heat deaths in St. Louis, raising the total to eighteen so far this year. And do I need to point out that we're not even halfway through July? Usually the heat-related deaths occur in August.
And finally. . .
- The tea-kettle appears to have boiled dry. A candidate who is making a second run at elected office has photoshopped out all the "tea party" endorsements on the campaign mailers he is reusing in his current run.
Read The Full Article: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheyGaveUsARepublic-FrontPage/~3/jYl5eItec-o/the-n
ightowl-newswrap Add to del.icio.us Digg this Post to Furl Add to reddit Add to myYahoo!