Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT?s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here?s what we?re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you?re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA) married his partner of seven years, Jim Ready, this weekend, making him the first member of Congress to enter into a same-sex marriage.
- The Advocates has endorsed President Obama for re-election.
- The NAACP has launched a new campaign to fight the spread of HIV.
- A shortage of blood donations raises the urgency of ending the policy banning gay men from giving.
- The Denver Sheriff’s Department has implemented a new policy to respect and protect transgender inmates.
- A trans woman is suing the Washington, DC police department for harassment she experienced while jailed with men.
- Two Buddhist women will hold Taiwan’s first same-sex marriage next month an effort to push for the practice’s legalization.
- Despite some last-minute changes, World Pride in London included a successful celebration of over 25,000 participants.
- The Chicago Fire ? the city’s soccer team ? has started a formal partnership with Equality Illinois, establishing one of the first such relationships between a professional sports team and LGBT rights organization.