– The new board set up by President Obama’s financial reform law to protect consumers is planning a major overhaul of the home mortgage market: More transparency on costs, simpler estimates, and more options for Americans facing foreclosure.
– The food stamp program grew when it was needed in response to the recession, and will shrink as needed as the economy recovers, contra GOP claims the program is “unsustainable.”
– What happens if a state opts out of Medicaid, in one handy chart:
– Many smaller niche and community banks are struggling to pay back their share of the TARP funds.
– And finally, the definitive Mitt Romney venn diagram.