post from They gave us a republic... - Front Page
on 17 April 2012 01:00:00 AM. © They gave us a republic... - Front Page
By BG & YD
- The Nazi's already have Allen West in Congress, now they have a lie-beast to take him to lunch. John Bowles filed the necessary paperwork last Tuesday with House and Senate offices to represent the "ANP," the American Nazi Party as a lobbiest. He plans to press lawmakers on "political rights and ballot access laws," according to the documents he filed.
- Limbaugh can always go a little bit lower On Monday he attacked Barbara Boxer for an op-ed that she wrote about the attacks on women by republican legislators all over the country. He billiously complained that she "didn't get the memo" that the "war on women is over" (no, it's not) and said that she supports "murdering women before they're born." And really, that (abortion) is "the real war on women."
- Washington Post journalist resigns after plagiarism accusation Elizabeth Flock resigned from the Post on Friday after an editors note was publicly posted atop one of her stories. It was the second time in just a few months that she had been upbraided publicly. Her editor didn't mince words, saying that she "made inappropriate, extensive use of an original report by Discovery News and also failed to credit that news organization as the primary source for the blog post. This was a significant ethical lapse and not in keeping with our journalistic standards." Ouch.
- Excellent timeing, Douchebag Teabagger congressman -- and deadbeat dad -- Joe Walsh challenged his opponent, Tammy Duckworth, to a debate at a town hall he held Sunday and acted like she was ducking him by not showing up -- except she's a Guardsman and she was on maneuvers on Sunday. As it was her weekend in uniform, she couldn't engage in any politickin' -- but Walsh never suited up, so he doesn't know.
- Ambadassador The right wing absolutely hates that Hillary Clinton has come to personify "cool" and is going to go down as one of the greatest Secretaries of State ever. Choke on it, bitchez.
- Best news for the future of the world in we don't want to think how long.The World Bank has named a US doctor, Jim Yong Kim, as its next president, despite criticism of the selection process by his only rival for the job .... "He's not an economist, but then again, now is the time that people say the World Bank needs to look at other issues such as climate change, food supply, water [scarcity] and diseases like bird flu," our correspondent said, pointing out that Kim has significant experience in developing countries."
- Now here's an idea: nationalize Big Oil. "Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner has unveiled plans to seize control of the country's biggest oil company YPF, owned by Spain's Repsol, provoking an angry response from Madrid."
Read The Full Article: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheyGaveUsARepublic-FrontPage/~3/HFrwzWhR6RU/the-n
ightowl-newswrap Add to del.icio.us Digg this Post to Furl Add to reddit Add to myYahoo!